Fall is a favorite season on the Alabama Gulf Coast for many reasons including cooler days, lower rates and explosive sunsets over the water. Visitors and locals enjoy this time of year because the weather is absolutely amazing!
Fall also means festival season and we hope you are looking forward to getting outside and enjoying Mother Nature at her finest. Enjoy all of Coastal Alabama’s attractions including kayaking, biking, horseback riding and upcoming events. With so much to see and do, we have composed a list of the top four festivals and events on the coast.
The 2nd Annual Premier Wine and Culinary Event, Wharf Uncorked is September 24th through 26th at The Wharf in Orange Beach. This three day event features over 150 labels for sampling and purchase, demonstrations from renowned chefs, sampling and purchasing of fine wines and live and silent auctions benefiting Make-A-Wish Foundation. Tickets to the Saturday night Grand Tasting are $95.20.
44th Annual National Shrimp Festival
October 8th – 11th
The Annual National Shrimp Festival is a FREE event held the second full weekend in October at Gulf Shores public beach. This outdoor festival attracts 250,000 people and over 300 vendors. Shrimp Fest is one of the nations’ premier outdoor festivals featuring fine arts, arts and crafts, an outdoor village and a retail marketplace. Get great rates at Turquoise Place and The Beach Club during Shrimp Fest when booking Spectrum Resorts Tailgate Getaway special. Save big on already low fall rates and receive all the benefits of the Spectrum Advantage.
November 6th & 7th
See over 70 chefs including Food Network Stars and James Beard award winners demonstrate their oyster cooking skills during the Oyster Cook-Off. Be a part of a weekend full of activities including a Craft Beer Festival, Oyster Cook-Off, Tailgating, demonstrations, workshops and the North American Oyster Showcase. The cost to attend the Friday Craft Beer Festival is $40 and tickets to the Cook-Off are $10 at the door. Oyster Cook-Off Ticket booklets are $25 in advance.
Wine Dinners at Coast Restaurant at The Beach Club
First Friday of every month October – April
Take advantage of the opportunity to sample and learn about notable wines from around the world and how they should be paired with your food. The Beach Club is bringing wines from around the world for interactive wine dinners the first Friday evening of each month. Award-winning Chef Brody Olive will prepare a four-course meal designed to complement the evening’s featured wines. Wine reps will be available to answer questions and guests will have an opportunity to purchase select wines. Wine dinners are $40 per person and weekend rates are available with advanced reservations.
There is something for everyone to do this fall season. Book a weekend visit during the fall and take advantage of Spectrum Resorts great rates with the Tailgate Getaway special. Save big on already low fall rates and treat your family to a fall break.
Attention football fanatics! When your team hits the road, hit the beach. Bring your friends and family to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach to tailgate this football season. Cheer on your favorite team from the comforts of a Gulf-front condo or from one of the many TV’s hanging throughout all of the local restaurants and sports bars.
It’s time to get back to the beach and the fall is the perfect time. The vacation rental rates drop, there is less traffic and the weather is ideal. There are also endless activities including shopping, spa treatments and 32 miles of sugar-white sand to relax on for the ones who prefer the social aspects of tailgating.
We want to help you make your next Tailgate Getaway unforgettable so here are few tips on getting the most out of your Tailgate Getaway.
1. Know your audience. Is this a guy’s trip, a girlfriends getaway or a family vacation? Either way, you still need a place to stay. Since rates drop drastically after Labor Day, it is the perfect time to reserve your accommodations. Gulf-front resorts like Turquoise Place and The Beach Club offer great Tailgate Getaway specials and they even include visits from legendary coaches and resort activities. Turquoise Place has private Jacuzzi’s and gas grills on every balcony and The Beach Club is home to Fort Morgan’s football headquarters, The Village Hideaway.
2. The advantages of staying in a condominium for your Tailgate Getaway are the ability to prepare food in a well equipped kitchen. There are certain foods that are a staple for most tailgate parties. Chicken wings, hamburgers, hot dogs and pretty much anything you can eat with your fingers are must haves for game day cuisine. Spectrum Resorts offers a grocery delivery service so all of your tailgating treats can be delivered before your arrival so you don’t even have to stop at the store.
3. Go ahead and pick your date. Find a game weekend when your team is on the road. If you can coordinate a travel weekend that coincides with a festival weekend, you can get the best of both worlds. Wharf Uncorked, The National Annual Shrimp Festival and Oyster Cook-Off are a few upcoming fall events on the Alabama Gulf Coast that we recommend attending.
Bring your MVPs to the beach for an unforgettable Tailgate Getaway and cheer on your favorite team in style. Tell us your favorite team and some of your game day must haves.
Labor Day is considered the unofficial end of summer but it is also a great time to plan a trip to the beach. You can find a wide range of activities and entertainment including concerts, fishing tournaments, sporting events and family fun. Beat those back to school blues by giving the family something to look forward to. Here are few ways to make your Coastal Alabama Labor Day memorable.
Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Tourism’s blog, The Beach Is Calling has suggestions on how to Celebrate Summer’s end with a Labor Day Beach Vacation. They even offer a gas calculator to help you figure the estimated cost of gas.
Take advantage of great rates and accommodation specials at The Beach Club and Turquoise Place. Stay and play Labor Day Monday for free when you book the weekend. Take advantage of the Spectrum Advantage and save on food and beverage purchases all weekend long.
Make plans to visit The Wharf during this Labor Day weekend. The Wharf is hosting a Labor Day Street Party on September 5th from 5pm-9pm. Street activities include Kangaroos you can pet and feed, a bouncy house, face painting, a rock climbing wall and Spectra Sound and Light Show.
The Waterway Village Art Market will be September 5th from 10am-4pm a Waterway Village in Gulf Shores is across from the Gulf Coast Arts Alliance Art Gallery. Regional and local artists will display paintings in oil, acrylic, pastel, watercolor and more. Enjoy handmade art, live music and children’s activities.
Country Supergroup Alabama will be playing at the Amphitheater at the Wharf on September 6. Get your tickets at Ticketmaster so your Labor Day will be “Close Enough to Perfect.”
We hope you have a safe and Happy Labor Day! Please share your pictures with us on Instagram, follow us on twitter and like us on Facebook so you can stay up to date on what is happening around town.
Summer is coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean your love for the beach has to! We decided to compile a small list of all our favorite things about the beach “gif style.” These gifs will make you ready to book your beach vacation for next year.
1. Letting the waves hit your feet
2. Watching those people who take running on the beach very seriously
3. Night walks on the beach
4. Having a girls’ weekend
5. Impressing everyone with your sandcastles
6. Wishing you were at the beach instead of in the office
7. Eating your first watermelon of the summer
8. Having the perfect beach setup
9. The water
10. Wishing you could spend your entire summer on the beach
Are you ready to get back to the beach now?